Friday, April 24, 2015

The Blessing of Weakness

    I always thought that I am a strong girl. I have conditions that most of young girls at my age don't have. Those conditions make me become a very individual and independent girl. I think I can do many things on my own. I find it's hard to ask people for help, because I don't want them feeling burdened with my problems. But, honestly, deep down in my heart I'm just a normal girl that needs a shelter when I am weary and burdened. 

    These days there are more conditions that makes me feeling uneasy. I'm feeling weak because of these conditions. It's hard for me to show people. Even I show my weakness to some people, I can't really relieved. I think they don't really care even they cares. I know it's not because of them. It's because of me. This 'strong girl' start to think that she needs "a shoulder to cry on".

    Oh, I never thought it before. I'm usually strong on my own. I can't understand when people become weak because of their problems. I can't treat them with sincere sensitivity. I want them be strong on their own.

    But now I thank God for these conditions that make me feeling weak. At least, I begin to understand. If I can be strong, it's because of Him. If people can't be strong on their own, I must understand. All I can say about my conditions now is:

I'll let my weakness humbled my heart till I fly higher than before

2 Corinthians 12:9 ESV / 216 

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;